Thursday, July 5, 2012

Until

Must I really wait for another lifetime to make it right with you
What if my soul has to wait 1,000 years before I could touch you again
I swear I will find you, And no matter in whatever lifetime I will not let you go.
I will not tear or tread on the tender rose petals of your love.
Transparent and pure as the silver tongue licked path of moonlight, 
I will be brave and unfraid, giving you the nectar, the bleeding pulp
All that was held back.
*
Wounded, missing limbed I will not leave you.
This time I will hold you till you are whole.
Navigating realms, lifetimes, identities, tongues, souls
I will look for you in every face, inside the star of every flower, in
the arms of every storm, between the beseeching palms of praying hands.
*
Balancing karma, balancing regret and faith,
How many incarnations must unravel before I touch you again
But I swear on every fluttering wing, on every line and swirl in my hand,
Love as my compass will compel my feet to the exact coordinates of the earth under
yours

~Until that lifetime~
*