Friday, April 29, 2011

The Lessons That Really Matter

School, I know it's been a while, but can you refresh my memory...

There's some things I'm trying to grasp, turning profusely the pages in the fog of my head

but there's some things.. I just don't remember learning-

English Lit, did you ever teach us the right words to use to extinguish a burning bridge never meant to be set on fire

I don't remember learning in home ec, how to thread back the fabric to a tattered heart

I don't remember learning in Biology how to listen to your heart or your head, and how to tell the voices each apart
In Phys. Ed, were we ever taught self-defense against the strength of our own shadow?


or what about the right time to run and then the time to face what's in front of you?

Woodworking, did we ever learn how to rebuild faith after its collapsed into a tiny million pieces?

In Public Speaking, we perfected speaking to the masses, but what's the conversation like now with the person in the mirror? Or when you're on your knees?


School, I'm getting desperate now, I know it's been a while but can you refresh my memory
There's some things I don't remember learning-
like how to fix unfixable